Friday, February 3, 2012

My Saint Crush: Pier Giorgio Fra-hottie

Okay, okay. I'll admit it. I like boys. I have a mad crush on one man in particular. He's handsome, Italian, athletic, Italian, broad shouldered, Italian, dark colored, Italian, tall, Italian, light hearted, Italian, and CATHOLIC... an ITALIAN CATHOLIC! As far as I'm concerned, he has but one flaw: his life here on earth ended on July 4, 1925. He's dead. *pitiful sigh* 
Pope John Paul II called him the "Man of the Beatitudes" because the life he chose to live was to serve the least of those around him. He loved the poor. He always put others before himself. He embraced sacrifice for his strong love of God. He would rather help a poor old lady move when she's been evicted from her home than go to the fancy parties that his wealthy family was invited to. It's the small things like this that I find so... charming. His striking movie star looks are just a bonus. I swear.
But alas, I can only pray and ask him to intercede to Jesus for me. So, Pier Giorgio Frassati, pray for us!
“Our life, in order to be Christian, has to be a continual renunciation, a continual sacrifice. But this is not difficult, if one thinks what these few years passed in suffering are, compared with eternal happiness where joy will have no measure or end, and where we shall have unimaginable peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment