Friday, September 7, 2012

My Heart's Deepest Desire



Excuse me for stating the obvious here, but I love God. So much. I am His beloved daughter and nothing makes me happier than to be in His arms. He is my special Man. He sets my heart on fire. Just being in His presence fills me with a perfect satisfaction. When He looks down at me with His eyes so full of love, I'm overwhelmed with the desire to live up to that love. Nothing else matters. 

I will stop at nothing until I get that love. It's my heart's deepest desire. I long to be able to look into His dark eyes, as His gaze back into my own, showing me an unspoken word of pure love. I wish to be able to fall into His embrace, to feel His strong arms wrap around my small frame and hold me tight. I want to be able to hear the whisper that escapes from His lips, as He declares His longing for me to be His. My heart aches to be just that: His. 

I long for sainthood more than anything that world can offer me. Someday, I will be called Saint Rachel, and I will be up in Heaven, praying for His children still on earth. I will sing praises with the angles, be one with the saints. I've spent my life here on earth praying for the souls of all those that I love, I continue to do so as long as I am here, and I will still pray for those that I love when I am in Heaven. 

Someday I will go to Heaven. That is my heart's deepest desire. 

Sometimes it's hard to live up to that desire, but I know that I can be confident that all of the efforts that I put into this will all come to be worth it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment